Saturday, February 13, 2010

Beth's Introduction

I love babies.
Love them to pieces.
If I could have a permanent baby, like a pet, I would be in heaven.

I love newborns. I crave having my newborn babies as close to me as possible. I love to sleep with them. I love when they nuzzle in to nurse. That is just the most beautiful feeling.

I love when they become more aware of the world around them. When they are just drinking everything in with their eyes.

I love when babies start reacting. A smile, a laugh.

I love when babies start learning that they can interact with their world. That they can get smiles out of people or learning to use a toy.

I love when babies want to be more independent. It's hard because I wanted to stay the most important person in their life, but I love seeing their progression into becoming their own person.

I am Beth and I am addicted to babies (babyholic?). I have two children, a two year old and a five month old. My five month old and I are still in the honeymoon stage where we can't get enough of each other. My two year old and I have a more complex relationship.

I was drawn to this blog because of the premise, instinctive parenting. That just spoke to me as a great definition of what I want to do for my family. My parenting style is that I research many things and then find a solution that fits for my child. I do not think there is one size fits all in parenting. I believe in following your intuition for big and small decisions. I think that as parents we are given a gift from our Creator to be able to know what our child needs to thrive.

Here are a few of the topics I am passionate about and will probably be posting on:

I am a huge supporter of breastfeeding babies as long as possible. I delay solids as long as possible. I think that if my baby needed rice cereal I would have a third breast full of it.

I am a huge supporter of having a parent stay at home with children. Households that have one parent stay home are giving children one of the best gifts they can possibly give. No one can love your children like you can. One of my goals in my previous career as a financial educator was to help people find ways to stay home, too many have been told by the media that it is impossible to get by on one salary, but that is a huge myth.

I try to practice positive discipline with my oldest child. I believe that the consequence should be the lesson, not me lecturing or nagging him. My two year old has chores, yes he does. And he loves it and his behavior has greatly improved since then.

I am happy to be a part of this blog and cannot wait to learn from everyone else.

Me wearing both of my babies (about six months along with #2)

Beth

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Welcome Beth! This made me laugh hard "I think that if my baby needed rice cereal I would have a third breast full of it."

So true!!!!

Amber said...

Hi Beth! I too am a baby-a-holic! Newborns are my most favorite little things ever! I'm excited to get to know all you other ladies!

Brandi said...

I can't wait to hear more from you =)

Zack Family said...

Beth! I came across this blog like 20 mins ago...when I saw your picture I said to myself she looks a lot like Beth! It was you!! Great blog. You're such a good mama.